Learn to Draw & Sketch - Drawing Basics for Beginners with Exciting 3D Sketching Exercises to Develop Your Drawing Skills.
Duration: 3h 30min
This is the 1st episode of my How to Draw series.
In this video course you can learn some of the most important Basic Drawing Skills step by step. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to make all sorts of sketches on your own. This course is a perfect choice as your very first drawing lesson or to fill in the gaps in your basic drawing skills. Let’s have some fun together!
Watch the Trailer
Who is this course for?
- absolute beginner at drawing
- having difficulties with drawing
- no previous drawing knowledge is necessary
- no special drawing equipment will be used
- we’ll be drawing with simple traditional graphite pencil on ordinary paper
Section 1) – An introduction to drawing
- drawing tools, you need
- optional tools for the future
- how to hold the pencil to get a better drawing experience
- how to see the world with the eyes of the artist
Section 2) – Get to know the basic building blocks of drawing. We will develop your drawing skills making a lot of fundamental drawing exercises.
You will learn how to draw:
- straight lines
- parallel lines
- simple 2D shapes like triangles, rectangles, and squares
- circles, ovoid shapes, and ellipses
- simple 3D objects like cubes and cylinders
- develop hand coordination by connecting dots with straight and curved lines
The goal of these lessons is to gain confidence in drawing these simple elements that we will use to build up more complex objects.
- introduction to perspective drawing understanding the most frequently used 2-point and 3-point perspective
- explaining an important drawing principle called foreshortening
With this knowledge you’ll be able to draw subjects convincingly in the 3D space.
Section 3) – We’ll put the drawing skills you’ve learned into practice. We will make all sorts of sketches on real life subjects using reference photos.
We will draw:
- a chess pawn built from simple 2D shapes
- a chair by drawing straight lines using the rules of perspective
- a fish using a bunch of S-curves
- a profile portrait to practice proportions
- a chess pawn using simple shading
- a pair of glasses to practice complex curves
- a dancing human figure for an introduction to gesture drawing
- and an astronaut just for fun
At the end of the course, you can check if your drawing skills have improved.
Some of the 5-star reviews from Tamas' satisfied students...
"Clear and well-paced." - Claire D.
"This is an absolute treat for beginners. Tutor is beautifully explaining drawing concepts. Highly recommended!" - Hamna
"This is my 4th drawing course and by far the best! I have a BFA and have learned more basics with this instructor than in 3 college drawing classes. His instruction is at the perfect pace, and he covers “actually” how to draw. I absolutely recommend this course if you really want to advance in your drawing skills." - Angela S.
"I like the deep explanations and the lecturer's calm tone of speech. The vibes are perfect." - Ilan Y.
"This course is indeed very informative. It contains theory, practice, tips and much more exciting stuff. I'm glad to be a part of it." - Karthik
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
You risk nothing. If you don't like the course, you have 30 days to request a full refund, just let Tamas know in an email - no question asked.I want this Course!
You'll get instant access to: